Consul 101 - Connect Dynamic Applications
Developers and operators who are writing or supporting microservices. This is a beginner course aimed at folks getting started with Consul.
This is an introductory course aimed at users who want to get started using Consul including service discovery, monitoring, and best practices for using Consul at scale. Experience with Consul is not required, but preferred. This hands-on training will cover the following topics:
- Consul overview and architecture
- Bootstrapping a Consul cluster
- Understanding principles and techniques for service discovery (HTTP and DNS)
- Creating service-level and node-level health checks with Consul
- Differentiating Consul's monitoring from traditional monitoring (like Nagios)
- Using Consul's distributed key-value store
- Using Consul Template and Envconsul to build reactive infrastructure
- Secure communication between services with Consul Connect
- Consul UI
Students will receive access to their own personal Linux-based lab environment for the class.
- Wi-Fi and SSH-enabled device with a Terminal
- Modern Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Ability to connect to the public Internet unrestricted (no proxies or firewalls)
If you haven't already, you can register for HashiConf EU Training Day here.