HashiConf EU Attendee Agreement
By registering for and/or attending the HashiConf EU event (“HashiConf EU”), you hereby consent and agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement (“Agreement”).
» 1. Attendee Terms and Conditions
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age.
- While attending HashiConf EU, you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as the terms of this Agreement and HashiCorp’s rules and instructions.
- You represent that all information you enter into the HashiConf EU registration form is complete and accurate. Your name, company, and other information may be included on your attendee badge.
- You may include any special dietary restrictions on your registration form. HashiCorp will attempt to accommodate dietary requests, but we cannot guarantee that all requests will be met.
- Hotel accommodations are not included in the registration fee.
- Transportation to and from HashiConf EU is not provided by HashiCorp or included in the registration fee. Event location accessibility information can be found at hashiconfeu.hashicorp.com.
- Attendees are not permitted to bring non-registered individuals to HashiConf EU, or to the after-hours events. If you wish to bring guests, each such individual must register and purchase a separate HashiConf EU ticket.
- You agree to allow HashiCorp to contact you regarding your registration and attendance at HashiConf EU.
- You agree to abide by all rules outlined in the HashiConf EU Code of Conduct at all event venues and social events.
- Solicitation or selling of products or services is not allowed at HashiConf EU without the prior written approval of HashiCorp. Any attendee conducting such activities may be removed from the event in HashiCorp’s sole discretion.
- HashiCorp reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, HashiConf EU (including any HashiConf EU events) at any time in its sole discretion, for reasons including, but not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with these terms and conditions.
» 2. Photo and Video Release
Photographs and/or videos taken at the event by or on behalf of HashiCorp may include your image. By registering for HashiConf EU, you hereby grant HashiCorp permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media, in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that all photos, videos, and other media will become the property of HashiCorp and will not be returned. You hereby irrevocably authorize HashiCorp to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos, videos, or media for any lawful purpose. In addition, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your likeness as described herein. You hereby hold harmless, release, and forever discharge HashiCorp from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have by reason of this release.
» 3. Term and Termination
- This Agreement begins on the date of your registration and, unless terminated earlier pursuant to this Agreement, continues until the conclusion of HashiConf EU (the “Term”).
- HashiCorp may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by providing you written notice.
- Sections 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 11 will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
» 4. Refund and Cancellation Policy
Attendees may cancel their registration by providing written notice to HashiCorp. Depending on the cancellation date, a refund may be provided as follows:
- Subject to subpart (c) below, if you cancel within sixty (60) days following your registration date, you are eligible for a full refund, minus a four percent (4%) transaction fee.
- If you cancel more than sixty (60) days following your registration date, you are not eligible for a refund, but you may transfer your ticket to another individual if such transfer occurs at least fourteen (14) days prior to the start of HashiConf EU.
- HashiCorp will not provide any refunds, nor allow any transfers of tickets, if you cancel less than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of HashiConf EU.
» 5. Disclaimers
HashiCorp disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, written or oral, with respect to any goods or services to be provided hereunder or any component or part thereof, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
» 6. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT FOR: (A) YOUR NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, (B) YOUR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, (C) YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 7 (“INDEMNIFICATION”) OR (C) YOUR VIOLATION OF HASHICORP’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, NEITHER YOU NOR HASHICORP WILL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR (i) ANY LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR (ii) DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO HASHICORP UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
» 7. Indemnification
You will indemnify, defend and hold HashiCorp, its affiliates and licensors, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), whether commenced or threatened arising out of or related to: (a) your negligence or willful misconduct, (b) your injury to persons or property, or (c) your violation of HashiCorp’s intellectual property rights.
» 8. Intellectual Property Rights
You will not acquire any interest in HashiCorp’s trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, logos, commercial symbols, copyrights, patents and any other intellectual property rights by virtue of the provisions of this Agreement.
» 9. Data Use and Privacy
HashiCorp may collect personal information about you via in-person communications, by telephone, letter, email or when you visit HashiCorp’s website. Such information may include your name, residential address, mailing address, telephone number and email address (the “Contact Details”).
You explicitly consent to HashiCorp: (a) processing the Contact Details for administration and event planning purposes; and (b) transferring the Contact Details outside the European Economic Area, and/or having such Contact Details processed by a third party pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. You may request that HashiCorp provide access to the Contact Details, and the ability to update, modify, or delete the Contact Details upon written request.
» 10. Entire Agreement
This Agreement, together with all associated exhibits, which are incorporated by this reference constitute the complete and final agreement between you and HashiCorp pertaining to the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and discussions relating to the subject matter. This Agreement may be modified by HashiCorp at any time in its sole discretion.
» 11. Miscellaneous
- Any provision in this Agreement may be waived, but only in writing signed by the party or parties against whom such waiver is sought to be enforced. The failure of either party to enforce or delay in enforcing rights hereunder will not be deemed a continuing waiver or modification of this Agreement. In the event that any term or provision of this Agreement will be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision hereof, and the parties agree thereafter to use their best efforts to substitute a provision of similar economic intent and effect.
- HashiCorp will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for acts of God, fires, strikes, accidents or other occurrences beyond its control (whether like or unlike any of those enumerated herein) that prevents HashiCorp from partially or completely performing its obligations hereunder.
- This Agreement will be deemed made in, and will be construed in accordance with and governed by, the laws of the State of California, USA. You irrevocably submit to venue and exclusive personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts in San Francisco, California, for any dispute arising out of this Agreement, and you waive all objections to jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
- Notices to a party will be sent by first-class mail, overnight courier or prepaid post:
- If to you, to the address you provided on your registration; or
- If to HashiCorp, you will address notices to HashiCorp Legal Department, 101 2nd Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice will be deemed given seventy-two (72) hours after mailing or upon confirmed delivery or receipt, whichever is sooner. Either party may from time to time change its address for notices under this Section by giving the other party at least thirty (30) days prior written notice of the change in accordance with this subpart (d).